Cafe Scientifique Debate: “Does it Matter who Funds Science?”
- 1 Nov 2017
- Start time
- 7:30 PM
- City Screen Basement Bar
Does it Matter who Funds Science?
Join us for a BSA (British Science Association) Future Debate. We will consider with an expert panel:
– Should private companies be forced to share their research?
– Should medical and pharmaceutical research be nationalised?
– Should private companies be closely monitored?
– Can we trust research that has been funded by private companies?
– Is it inevitable that research is funded by industry?
– Would it be in the public interest to require all private companies conducting research to have a lay member on their board to represent the public?
Our conclusions will be passed to the Chief Medical Officer so do come along and share your views.
Wednesday 1st November in City Screen Basement
Doors open 7pm for 7.30pm presentation
Tickets are free and can be pre-booked by phone or on-line with City Screen (0871 902 5726).
City Screen York website
Alternatively tickets are available on the night of the event at the City Screen Ticket Desk.